Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blessed in April!




This beautiful April Stamp of the Month, Blesssed, really had me going crazy!  At first I wasn't sure how to create with this stamp set- I just couldn't decide how I would  color in the images. This set can really be used in so many ways:  color in with watercolor pencils, chalk, paper piece, or use the two step stamping to fill in the images.  I decided to use the two different techniques!

The 8" x 3 1/2" card on the left uses the two-step stamping.  The solid images of the butterflies, bird, and flower were stamped in second generation twilight!  For the 6" x 6" card on the right, I stamped the bird image twice:  once on colonial white square and once on the cocoa patterned B&T paper.  I cut out the bird image on the patterned B&T and then adhered him to the image on the colonial white paper.  I LOVE how they turned out! What do you think??  Feel free to leave me a message!


Here is a close up of each card..






Close To My Heart products used:  Blessed Stamp Set (D1455), Cocoa Ink Pad (Z2114), Twilight Ink Pad (Z2160), Bliss Level 2 Papers (X7132B), Pearl Opaques (Z1336), Mocha Opaques (Z1333), Bliss Level 2 Assortment flower (Z1335), Cocoa Ribbon Collection (Z1316), Grey Flannel Marker (Z2324)

Don't forget that you can get this great stamp set at a discount or even FREE with  your order this month!  

Happy Creating!

Janice


No comments: