Monday, September 6, 2010

8 New Colors Now Available!


Did you know that in the new Fall/Winter Idea Book, Close To My Heart introduced 8 new vibrant colors to our Carnival and Celebration palettes?  This updated new palette is sure to brighten your latest artwork!  You can find the new colors in cardstock, stamp pads, reinkers, and markers!  They are also featured in our new My Reflections paper packs in the Fall/Winter Idea Book!


I LOVE the new Magnifique My Reflections Papers- it's bright shades of blue make this peacock absolutely stunning! Three of the new colors can be found in the beautiful Magnifique papers: Lagoon, Sky, and Pacifica.  To create this 5 x 7 card, I used the watercolor technique for the peacock.  I first used Cocoa ink to stamp the peacock.  Then used the waterbrush to add in subtle shades of Lagoon, Sky and Pacifica throughout the feathers.  For a final touch I added a bit of prisma glitter over the feathers with a glue pen.  Simply stunning!  (My favorite combination of a simple technique with a huge impact!)  You may also notice the new blue sparkles- it's a great little package which coordinates beautifully with the Magnifique papers!

Be sure to contact me to get your own copy of the Fall/Winter Idea Book!  In the meantime, you can check it out online by clicking here!

Happy Creating!

Close To My Heart products used: Circle of Love Stamp Set (D1438), Magnifique Level 2 Paper Pack (X7127B), Cocoa Cardstock (X5642), Lagoon Ink Pad (Z2195), Sky Ink Pad (ZZ2194), Pacifica Ink Pad (Z2192), Cocoa Ink Pad(Z2114), Waterbrush (1771), Sparkles Blue & Green Assortment (Z1327), Prisma Glitter (Z134), Glue Pen (Z553)

No comments: